Europe on the Move?
Towards a progressive future!
- Date, Time
- Thursday, 17. May 2018, 4:30 pm – 9:00 pm Save in my calendar
Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung - Headquarter Berlin
Just over a year ago there was still a spirit of optimism in Europe. After Emmanuel Macron’s election as President of France a myriad of reform proposals, scenarios and reflection papers on the future of Europe have been put on the table; little has happened since then, however. In Germany, the Federal Government is having to redefine its position with regard to Europe; scepticism is rife in many Central Eastern European countries, and the South is still contending with the consequences of the European debt crisis and austerity policy. So, what has become of the grand plans to reform Europe? There’s a need to talk.
In just over a year from now, the 2019 European elections will already be upon us. Those seeking to prevent right-wing populists from continuing to gain ground must, once and for all, find answers to very fundamental questions: Do we even have a positive vision for the future of Europe? Or are we still simply asking for more of the same reforms? What can we do to counteract the crisis of trust and solidarity throughout Europe? And what role should Germany play in these debates? During this year’s European Conference we want to discuss these questions with experts from across Europe.
- Joschka Fischer, Former Vice-Chancellor and German Foreign Minister, Berlin
- Sabine Thillaye, Chair of the European Affairs Committee of the French National Assembly, Paris
- Katarzyna Pełczyńska-Nałęcz, Former Ambassador, Director of the Open Europe Program, The Stefan Batory Foundation, Warsaw
- Annalena Baerbock, German MP, Chair, Alliance 90/The Greens, Berlin
- Kalypso Nicolaïdis, Professor of International Relations and Director of the Centre for International Studies, Oxford University, Oxford
- Ellen Ueberschär, President, Heinrich Böll Foundation, Berlin
A cooperation of the Heinrich Böll Foundation and the Green European Foundation.
Florian Kommer, Policy Advisor European Union, Heinrich Böll Foundation, Berlin,
E-Mail, email@example.com, Phone +49 (0)30 285 34 -391
Ulrike Pusch, Freelance Project Manager, Berlin,
Claudia Rothe, Project Manager, Heinrich Böll Foundation, Berlin,
E-Mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone +49 (0)30 285 34 -385