Greens in Government
- Date, Time
- Friday, 31. March 2017, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm In meinem Kalender speichern
- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, Büro EU/Brüssel
The Alliance '90/The Greens Party has succeeded in taking over governmental responsibility in the majority of the 16 German federal states. This is a great success for the party. However, in order to remain successful and to encourage general confidence in politics, a sober look at the factors which led to the success and which will continue to do so in the future is required. How does good governance work? How does government participation change the decision-making processes and the political objectives of a party? How does good cooperation between those responsible in federal and state government function?
Parting from the experience of German Greens in coalition governments, we will have a discussion with representatives of two different Green parties with hands-on government experience. Be ready for input from Sweden, Germany and Australia, followed by a Q&A!
When: Friday, 31 March 2017, 18:30 - 20:00
Where: Global Greens & European Greens Congress, Arena and Convention Centre, room 4A, Kings Dock, Liverpool L3 4FP, United Kingdom
- Arne Jungjohann, Energy Analyst & Political Scientist, author of "Greens in Government"
- Christine Milne, former Australian Senator & leader of the Australian Greens
- Gustav Fridolin, Minister of Education and Research, Sweden
Moderation: Marta Loja Neves, Editorial Board, Green European Journal
Click here for more information on the GG & EGP Congress in Liverpool where we will be present with a hbs stand!