- Tuesday, 20. April 2021 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm Save in my calendar
The CAP close to the finishing line - can the European Green Deal promises be kept?
Watch the recording of this event here.
Read the presentations by Prof. Sebastian Lakner and by Arc2020's Matteo Metta here.
On the verge of finishing Europe’s defining agricultural framework, a lot of important questions still have to be clarified. Many doubts persist, whether the overarching European Green Deal will be able to be implemented in the CAP. MEP Martin Häusling commissioned the Brussels-based science think tank Arc2020 and German CAP expert Prof. Dr. Sebastian Lakner to analyse the European Commission, European Parliament and EU Council positions on the CAP. Based on their results and recent developments in the trilogue negotiations, we want to look at what agreements have been reached and what is still possible for a more sustainable European agricultural sector.
- Martin Häusling MEP, Greens/EFA Group CAP chief negotiator
- Prof. Alan Matthews, Department of Economics, Trinity College, Dublin
- Tassos Haniotis, Deputy Director-General, Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development, European Commission, Brussels
- Harriet Bradley, Senior Agriculture and Land Use Policy Officer, BirdLife Europe and Central Asia, Brussels
- Prof. Sebastian Lakner, Department of Agricultural Economics, Rostock University, Germany
- Matteo Metta, Policy Analyst, ARC 2020, Brussels
Moderation: Christine Chemnitz, Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, Berlin
Interpretation: English and German.
If you have any questions, please contact Anna Trzcinska.
➽ Online Event