- Thursday, 27. January 2022 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm Save in my calendar
22nd Foreign Policy Conference - On the Way to Carbon Zero (3)
Foreign Policy in the Age of Climate Change - Debating Green Foreign Policy
What is Germany’s climate policy approach for those regions most affected by climate change?
Which countries and which regions should Germany and the EU prioritize in its climate partnerships and alliances?
What can be achieved through climate partnerships – and what are the limits of these cooperation projects?
Which state and non-state actors need to be mobilized in Germany / EU, and which actors in the target country for a successful climate partnership?
How should Germany and the EU engage a key country like India in its climate diplomacy?
Can and should we cooperate with China and Russia on climate policy - and how would that work?
What can be achieved through transatlantic coordination - and where are the limits?
How could China and Russia and other big emitters - especially from the Global South - be engaged?
What impact would a transatlantic green transformation have on great power rivalries in the triangle Washington, Moscow, and Beijing?
How should Berlin deal with countries whose economy is centered around fossil fuel exports, such as Algeria or the Gulf States?
With (among others):
- Franziska Brantner, MdB, Parliamentary State Secretary, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action, Berlin
- Sunita Narain, Centre for Science and Environment, India
- Avinash Persaud, Special Envoy to Prime Minister of Barbados Mia Mottley, London
- Agnieszka Brugger, Deputy Chair of the Parliamentary Group (Green Party), Berlin
- Kira Vinke, German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP), Berlin
- Dirk Messner, German Environment Agency, Berlin/Dessau
- Noah J. Gordon, Berlin Policy Journal / adelphi, Berlin
Conference Languages are German and English. Simultaneous translation will be provided.
» Online participation in ZOOM
The access information will be sent to you by email 24 hours and then 2 hours prior to the event.
You can use either the Zoom Client software or the app. If you are using either the Chrome or Edge browsers you will be able to participate directly via the access link. For more information on how to use Zoom, click here.
Please make sure that you are using the latest version of Zoom so that you have the necessary settings. You will need a microphone and possibly a camera for events with audience participation.
Alternatively, you can follow the event via the livestream.