- Thursday, 20. January 2022 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Save in my calendar
Will Germany stop the export of banned pesticides?
How to end double standards in the global pesticide trade.
jointly organized with Friends of the Earth Germany, INKOTA-netzwerk, Pesticide Action Network (PAN Germany), and the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung.
European pesticide manufacturers such as Bayer, BASF and AlzChem from Germany or Syngenta from Switzerland market pesticides in Asia, Africa and Latin America with active ingredients that are not approved in the EU due to their high risk and fatal consequences for human health and the environment. Almost half of all farmers and farm workers worldwide suffer at least one pesticide poisoning every year. The majority of these poisonings occur in countries of the Global South. What is the responsibility of the German government, that promises in the current coalition agreement to legally prohibit the export of certain pesticides in the future? What other regulations are needed at the United Nations level? And what are the demands of civil society representatives from the Global South? These and other questions will be explored during the event.
Welcome and input:
- Susan Haffmans, PAN Germany
- Jan Urhahn, Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung, Germany and Southern Africa
Panel discussion with:
- Lena Luig, INKOTA-netzwerk, Germany
- Ophelia Nick, Parliamentary State Secretary at the German Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture
- Marcos Orellana, United Nation Special Rapporteur on toxics and human rights
- Colette Solomon, Women on Farms Project, South Africa
- Christine Chemnitz, Heinrich Böll Stiftung, Germany
The event will be held in German and English with simultaneous interpretation.
Administrative Officer International Agricultural Policy Division
» Online participation in ZOOM
The access information will be sent to you by email 24 hours and then 2 hours prior to the event.
You can use either the Zoom Client software or the app. If you are using either the Chrome or Edge browsers you will be able to participate directly via the access link. For more information on how to use Zoom, click here.
Please make sure that you are using the latest version of Zoom so that you have the necessary settings. You will need a microphone and possibly a camera for events with audience participation.
Alternatively, you can follow the event via the livestream.
- Part of the series
- Unsere Grüne Woche 2022
▶ Livestream via boell.de/stream
- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung im Stiftungsverbund
- Simultaneous translation