- Wednesday, 09. June 2021 4:45 pm – 6:00 pm Save in my calendar
From Building Back Better to the European Green Deal
Advancing the Climate Agenda
Major investments in infrastructure will be a driving factor in tackling the climate crisis during the 2020s. Which sectors need what kind of investments and how can the various green investment and policies also bring about social justice? In this session, decision makers at different levels of government will debate the most appropriate policies and approaches to achieve a green and just society for all and exchange best pracitices for a green transformation of infrastructure.
- Leonore Gewessler, Federal Minister for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology, Austria
- Ellen Ueberschär, President, Heinrich Böll Foundation, Germany
- Richard Lochhead, Minister for Just Transition, Employment and Fair Work, Scotland
- Dale Medearis, Senior Environmental Planner, Northern Virginia Regional Commission, USA
- Mireille Alphonse, Deputy Mayor of Montreuil, France (tbc)
- Magid Magid, former Member of the European Parliament, The Greens/EFA, UK (tbc)
Moderator: Sabrina Schulz, Executive Director of SDSN Germany
This discussion is part of the Progressive Governance Digital Summit 2021 (PGS) which this year focuses on how progressives can shift from reaction to action. Together we want to strengthen forward-thinking coalitions capable of governing and implementing change and analyse and debate this year's main issues: Democracy, Europe+, Leadership, and Transformation.
➽ See event description
- Watch livestream