Development Policy Discussion Days 2023
Three-part annual series of events
The Centre for Rural Development (SLE) and the Heinrich Böll Foundation have been organizing the Development Policy Discussion Days (EPDT) since 2002.
07.06.2023, 5.00 - 7.00 pm (CEST) - online
- Feminism, free trade and political promotion. How can a German Feminist Trade Policy contribute to fair North-South trade? [DE/ENG]
What could a German feminist trade policy look like? We open the dialogue between relevant actors from Germany and the Global South in order to avoid pitfalls of current trade structures - such as colonial continuities or neoliberal inequalities - in future approaches.
- Dr. Christoph Hoffmann, Member of the German Bundestag
- Lebohang Liepollo Pheko, Trade Collective Think Tank, South Africa
- Christina Arkenberg, Co-Chair Supervisory Board Fairtrade Germany
08.06.2023, 12.30 - 2.30 pm (CEST) - online
- Grabbing the Sunshine? Perspectives of a just hydrogen transition in the context of Germany's bilateral energy partnerships [DE/ENG]
Together with representatives from civil society, experts from the Global South in the field of energy transition and German decision makers, we want to critically examine the complex web of relations between Africa and Germany in the context of energy transition.
- Emanuele Bianco, International Renewable Energy Agency
- Anton Hufnagl, German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action
- Alexandria Hotz, WoMin African Alliance, South Africa
08.06.2023, 5.00 - 7.00 pm (CEST) - online
- International cooperation in Afghanistan: A way forward with(out) the Taliban? [DE/ENG]
How can Germany reconcile its own interests and values with the realities of the current political situation in Afghanistan in the future, and what impact might this have on the objectives of a feminist German foreign policy? The panel discussion will address the resulting normative and political challenges of German cooperation in Afghanistan and its cooperation partners.
- Hosna Jalil, former Dep. Minister of Women- & Interior Affairs, Afghanistan
- Dr. Arne Strand, Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway
- Deborah Düring, Member of the German Bundestag
Cooperation: with the Centre for Rural Development of the Humboldt University Berlin.
Note: All three events will take place digitally and will be streamed live. Further information on the events can be found in the flyer attached.
Globalisation and Transformation Division
Telefon: +49 171 2046231
Centre for Rural Development (SLE)
Telefon: +49(30)-2093 46881
» Online participation in ZOOM
The access information will be sent to you by email 24 hours and then 2 hours prior to the event.
You can use either the Zoom Client software or the app. If you are using either the Chrome or Edge browsers you will be able to participate directly via the access link. For more information on how to use Zoom, click here.
Please make sure that you are using the latest version of Zoom so that you have the necessary settings. You will need a microphone and possibly a camera for events with audience participation.
Alternatively, you can follow the event via the livestream.