- Monday, 20. December 2021 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm Save in my calendar
EU Green Deal and the Greek Green Deal
What would a Green Deal for Greece look like?
In July 2021, the European Commission presented a series of proposals to implement the Green Deal, the goal of making the European Union "climate neutral" by 2050. Since then, the European Green Deal has been specialised and criticised for its weaknesses in terms of its social objectives. At Member State level, the landscape is even more blurred and often conflicting, with inadequate climate policies, lack of political will and citizens' ignorance of the impending changes in their lives, for example in terms of employment, energy, housing and quality of life in cities, agri-food, etc.
Heinrich Böll Foundation Greece and the social cooperative enterprise Anemos Renewal have tried to answer the question "What would a Green Deal for Greece look like?" by asking researchers, representatives of institutions and experts to submit their views in the homonymous online dossier. This initiative aims to co-shape a Green Deal that leaves no one behind and achieves the transition to a new productive-consumptive model.
In this context, the two organisations, with the support of the Office of the European Parliament in Greece, are organising the online event EU Green Deal and the Greek Green Deal, on Monday 20 December, 14:00-17:00 CET.
The event takes place on the occasion of the publication of the Policy brief "A Green Deal for Greece". The online discussion aims to contribute to the information of Greek citizens and to trigger a fruitful dialogue between a wide range of civil society actors and competent authorities on this strategy, the opportunities and challenges for its implementation in Europe, as well as in Greece.
The event will be held in Greek and English, with simultaneous interpretation, and will be broadcasted live.
For more information, please contact:
Nikos Chrysogelos, Wind of Renewal | firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyriaki Metaxa, Heinrich Boell Foundation Greece | email@example.com
14:00 – 14:15 Welcome, Greetings
14:15 – 15:15 A European Green Deal for all
- Emmanuella Doussis, Prof. International Institutions - National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Alexandra Geese, MEP Greens/EFA
- Elsa Durieux, Senior Officer, Sustainable Finance, Smart Cities and Business - ICLEI (tbc)
15:15 – 16:25 A Green Deal for Greece
- Athena Dimou, MSc Physicist, CLIMPACT Dissemination - Networking Manager, Associate of the Office of the President of the National Observatory of Athens
- Vlassis Oikonomou, Managing Director - Institute for European Energy and Climate Policy Foundation
- Nikos Chrysogelos, President – Social Cooperative Enterprise Wind of Renewal
- Maria Mourtzaki, Policy Manager - ActionAid Hellas
16:25 – 17:00 Wrap up
Moderation: Michalis Goudis, Director Heinrich Boell Foundation Office Thessaloniki, Greece
➽ Online Event