- Wednesday, 05. October 2022 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm Save in my calendar
Global Launch of the World Nuclear Industry Status Report 2022
"WNISRs are vital reality checks of the nuclear industry’s performance. Every yearly report is a barrier against utopian fantasies and wishful thinking, a tool to connect with reality." (Prof. Aviel Verbruggen)
The annual World Nuclear Industry Status Report (WNISR) provides a comprehensive overview of nuclear power plant data, including information on operation, production, construction, and decommissioning. The WNISR assesses the status of new-build programs in existing as well as in potential newcomer nuclear countries. The report also compares the development of nuclear power and renewable energy globally.
WNISR2022 contains a special focus chapter on Nuclear Power and War that assesses the safety and security challenges of nuclear power plants in war situations. Further focus chapters include the Fukushima Status Report providing an overview of ongoing onsite/offsite challenges of the 2011-disaster. The Decommissioning Status Report looks at the current situation of the now over 200 closed nuclear power reactors.
There will be a diverse line-up of distinguished speakers:
- Jan Philipp Albrecht, President of the Heinrich Böll Foundation
- Mycle Schneider, Coordinator WNISR
- Christoph Pistner, Head of Division, Nuclear Engineering & Facility Safety, Öko-Institut, Darmstadt (representing Michael Sailer, former Chair of German Reactor Safety Commission, former CEO of Öko-Institut, WNISR Contributing Author)
- Prof. Tatsujiro Suzuki, Nagasaki University, former Vice-Chair of Japan Atomic Energy Commission, WNISR Contributing Author
- Alexander James Wimmers, Research Associate, Berlin University of Technology (TU Berlin), WNISR Contributing Author
- Prof. M.V. Ramana, University of British Columbia, WNISR Contributing Author
- Antony Froggatt, Senior Research Fellow, Chatham House, WNISR Co-Lead Author
- Nina Scheer, German Parliament Member, SPD-Parliamentary Group Spokesperson on Climate Protection and Energy Policy
The event will be moderated by Dörte Fouquet, Lawyer, Partner of Counsel Becker Büttner Held, Brussels.
More information and past reports, published annually since 2007.
The event will be hybrid presential/virtual. The link to participate on-line will be communicated in due time.
Languages: English and German (translation will be provided)
Contact: Ella Soesanto, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Participation in the event
» Participation on site
at the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Conference Center, Schumannstr. 8, 10117 Berlin
For your own safety and to protect other people, we recommend wearing a medical or FFP2 mask.
Please note our hygiene rules.
» Online participation in ZOOM
The access information will be sent to you by email 24 hours and then 2 hours prior to the event.
You can use either the Zoom Client software or the app. If you are using either the Chrome or Edge browsers you will be able to participate directly via the access link. For more information on how to use Zoom, click here.
Please make sure that you are using the latest version of Zoom so that you have the necessary settings. You will need a microphone and possibly a camera for events with audience participation.
Alternatively, you can follow the event via the livestream.