- Wednesday, 26. October 2022 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Save in my calendar
With green hydrogen toward climate neutrality?
Online discussion on the development of the hydrogen sector in Baden-Württemberg
Current international developments foster the interest for energy transition and future technologies in society at large, in particular in view of the climate crisis, rising energy prices and energy dependency on authoritarian regimes. With public funding, including funds from the EU regional policy, the Land Baden-Württemberg supports the development of the hydrogen sector.
In this webinar, we discuss which role hydrogen technologies can play in the energy economy, in which sectors they make sense, under which conditions they can actually be considered ecologically sustainable, and which course Baden-Württemberg can set for them. As case studies, we discuss especially the „model regions on green hydrogen“ HyFiVE (around Ulm) and GeNeSiS (around Stuttgart), two structuring pilote projects financed by the Land with EU funds.
Speakers from different backgrounds will present their perspectives on the topic and discuss them with each other and with the audience:
- Maike Schmidt (Head of Systems Analysis, Center for Solar Energy and Hydrogen Research Baden-Württemberg - ZSW).
- Fritz Mielert (Environmental Protection Officer, BUND Baden-Württemberg)
- Marius Pawlak (Head of the Central Office, City of Ulm)
- Tobias Eisele (Head of Unit for EU Policy and Funding among others, Ministry of the Environment, Baden-Württemberg)
Hosts: Eva-Maria Österle and Matthieu Cuisnier
After the panel discussion, we will have a moderated question and answer session with the audience. You can also submit your questions to the speakers in advance at: europeinmybackyard[ät]rdl.de
Link to attend the webinar:
Organised by Radio Dreyeckland Freiburg, in cooperation with Heinrich Böll Stiftung Baden-Württemberg
The webinar ist part of the EU-funded project "Europe in my Backyard" at Radio Dreyeckland.
➽ Online Event
- Heinrich Böll Stiftung Baden-Württemberg
- Simultaneous translation
- Entrance Fee
- Watch livestream