- Wednesday, 12. October 2022 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm Save in my calendar
An Online Panel "Living in the Anthropocene"
Climate Framework and Disaster Risk Reduction Policies for Sustainable Development in Thailand
Disaster Resilience and Environmental Sustainability (DRES), School of Social Innovation, Mae Fah Luang University, in collaboration with Heinrich Böll Stiftung Southeast Asia Regional Office present:
An Online Panel "Living in the Anthropocene: Climate Framework and DRR Policies for Sustainable Development in Thailand"
Date/Time: Wednesday, 12 October 2022 (3 pm - 5.30 pm).
- Please register to get access to Zoom online to contextualize the Anthropocene in the Thai context (and from a global perspective).
• Panelist 1 (Climate Change): Dr. Chaya Vaddhanaphuti (Faculty of Social Science, Chiang Mai University)
Supposed that climate change is unnatural or human-induced, Dr. Chaya Vaddhanaphuti as the first speaker will explain to us the anthropogenic activities that affect climate change in the Anthropocene and how Thailand (or regional countries) has prepared a climate framework to target sustainable development.
• Panelist 2 (Disasters): Dr. Wanwalee Inpin (School of Social Innovation, Mae Fah Luang University)
Dr. Wanwalee Inpin as the second speaker will explain the threat of the more severe disasters to Thailand (or regional countries), particularly vulnerable populations, and if there are best practices of DRR policies to give hope for a sustainable future.
• Moderator: Aj. Maya Dania (School of Social Innovation, Mae Fah Luang University)
- Please register to get access of Zoom online:
- Check the schedule here: shorturl.at/EJR29
All are welcome!
- Opening Hours
➽ See event description
- External Event
- Entrance Fee