- Thursday, 14. January 2021 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm Save in my calendar
21st Foreign Policy Conference (Day 1) - The Europe We Want
Between Hard and Soft Power. The European Union in a More Competitive World
What should a common foreign and security policy of the European Union look like? How closely should it be tied to NATO, how strongly should it be decoupled from the USA? With these questions we begin the 21st Annual Foreign Policy Conference of the Heinrich Boell Foundation, which aims to deal with the concept of Europe's strategic sovereignty.
We are currently seeing a return to great power politics around the world, and in response many in Europe are calling for more strategic sovereignty, a “geo-economic commission” and an EU that can act as a great power as well. Is there a risk that this transformation causes the EU to lose its "soul" and its identity? How can the EU assert itself in a more antagonistic world while remaining true to its fundamental values?
The 21st Annual Foreign Policy Conference of the Heinrich Boell Foundation will examine some of these questions more closely, especially in the areas of
- common security and defense policy,
- European digital policy and
An Online-Event with (among others):
- Justyna Gotkowska, Center for Eastern Studies, Warsaw
- Martin Quencez, German Marshall Fund of the United States, Paris
- Jana Puglierin, European Council on Foreign Relations, Berlin
- Reinhard Bütikofer, Member of the European Parliament, Brussels
This is day 1 of the 21st Foreign Policy Conference 2021.
To register for day 2 and 3 please click here:
- 21st Foreign Policy Conference Day 2 (21 January 2021)
- 21st Foreign Policy Conference Day 3 (28 Januar 2021)
We look forward to seeing you there!
Foreign Policy Division of the Heinrich Boell Foundation
Please be advised that online events will be held using the software provided by Zoom. Depending on the type of event (that is, with or without audience participation), you may require a camera and/or a microphone in order to be able to take part.
You may either use the software client or the app. The internet browsers Chrome and Edge will enable you to participate simply via an access link. Further information on how to use Zoom is available here. Please make sure that you are using the latest version of Zoom so that you have the necessary settings.
The access information will be sent to you via e-mail 24 h prior to the event and, again, 2 h prior to the event.
- Part of the series
- Annual Foreign Policy Conference
➽ Online Event
- Simultaneous translation