- Friday, 10. February 2023 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Save in my calendar
23rd Foreign Policy Conference (Closing Event)
Security in the Twilight Zone
Since Russia’s attack on Ukraine, the security of Central, Northern and Eastern European States – especially those outside of NATO and the EU – has gained growing attention.
Russia has proven to be a revisionist state which is openly threatening the European security order. At the same time, countries within Moscow’s traditional sphere of interest have grown more assertive and are striving for sovereignty and self-determination. Their quest for independence and dignity – along with an ever more confident civil society in Eastern Europe – represents a challenge and an opportunity for a revised European security architecture.
The 23rd Annual Foreign Policy Conference looks at the security policy challenges in Eastern Europe. At the closing event, we together with high-ranking experts and decision-makers would like to discuss what security guarantees the EU, NATO and the international community could give to this region.
Day 4 - Closing Event and Big Green Debate
- Annalena Baerbock, Foreign Minister, Federal Foreign Office, Berlin
- Anders Fogh Rasmussen, Independent Expert, former Danish Prime Minister and former NATO Secretary General, Copenhagen
- Nicu Popescu, Foreign Minister, Republic of Moldova, Chisinau
- Orysia Lutsevych, Chatham House, London
- Justyna Gotkowska, OSW, Warsaw
- Jürgen Trittin, MP, Foreign Policy Spokesperson, Green Party, Berlin
- Frank Sauer, University of the German Armed Forces, Munich
- Garima Mohan, German Marshall Fund, Berlin
Conference Languages are German and English.
Simultaneous translation of all conference modules will be provided.
This event will take place at the Foundation Headquarters in Berlin, Germany. A livestream will be provided.
Please also register for the other sessions of the Foreign Policy Conference here:
Day 1 - Voices from the Ground. Where do we stand on Eastern European Security?
Monday, 6 February 2023, 4.00 - 5.30pm CET
Day 2 - Dealing with Russia and Strengthening Eastern European Security. Transatlantic Perspectives
Tuesday, 7 February 2023, 4.00 - 5.30pm CET
Day 3 - The Global Impact of the War in Eastern Europe
Wednes, 8 February 2023, 4.00 - 5.30pm CET
» Participation on site
at the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Conference Center, Schumannstr. 8, 10117 Berlin
For your own safety and to protect other people, we recommend wearing a medical or FFP2 mask.
Please note our hygiene rules.
Alternatively, you can follow the event via the livestream.
- Part of the series
- Annual Foreign Policy Conference
- Further dates of series
- Monday, 06. February 2023
- Tuesday, 07. February 2023
- Wednesday, 08. February 2023
Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung - Headquarter Berlin
- Watch livestream